Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

This year was a bittersweet and much different Christmas for us. This was our second year without Brandon here with us and with all the stuff happening with our family. Wes did come over Christmas Eve after we got back from My Aunt's house for our traditional Family Christmas. He helped get the kids to bed and helped put out all of the gifts. He stayed overnight so he could be here to see the kids open gifts and see their reactions to everything. He was very surpirised that the kids got him a Mandolin and some DVD's to watch. We then went over to Tina's house where Marvin (he had spent the night over there to be with Mallory and to be there when we got there with the kids), Tina, and Mallory were to open gifts with them. We had a very nice sit down breakfast and had a good time. After sitting for a bit we left to go to Brenda's house to be with the Carpenter family. Aunt Jan, Uncle David, Uncle Paul, Corey and GG were all there from Florida. Everyone else was there as well and the young kids all had a great time running around and being crazy together. They sure kept all the adults on their toes.
After Brenda's house the kids and I left to come back to my house to meet my family for Christmas. It was very hard leaving Wesley at Brenda's house and coming back here without him. It was the first time in eight years he was not here for my family Christmas. That's kind of when it all hit me. I was leaving him there and coming here to a Christmas without Brandon. I had a much harder time this year without having Brandon here than I did last year, the first year. I had a bit of a moment to let it all out on the way home and then I was okay. We got back here and tidied up the living room and kitchen from earlier that morning and waited for Mom, Dad, Erin, Adam, Nathan, Liz and Dawn to get here. We had a pretty good time with all of them. We had hot cocoa and some yummy cookies too!

Here is a link to see all the pictures from our festvities CHristmas Eve and Christmas Day:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=182565&id=773622781&l=c61ab33eb1

We were very fortunate to be able to spend time with the family we have, this is a year I will not forget for so many reasons. I am so truly fortunate to have each and every one of you in my lives. Thank you for being here to support the kids and I through the many changes that have happened over the past two years. Much love to all family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment