Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Getting through it.

Sometimes Life can be quite the roller coaster. It goes up and down, forward, backward and even throws you for a loop every now and then. I never expected myself to be where I am right now. I have come to the conclusion that I can only do so much for others to keep them on the right track. They are going to make their choices and they are the ones that are going to have to deal with those consequences, whether they like them or not. That's the thing about hard times and bad choices.....the consequences aren't all fun and games. On the other hand, if you are patient, positive and level headed then you will be the one to come out on top and be able to hold your head up high knowing that you have done all that you could do to make the right decision for yourself and for your kids. I will get through this and I will be happy for myself and my kids. They deserve the best parts of all that I can give them, and I'm not talking money or material things. I'm talking about the hug after a long day at school, the book that they really want to read even when I have a million things that I 'need' to get done, the pride in their eyes as they help me make dinner or a special dessert, and the understanding that they need to be kids while they can be kids and get every giggle in while they can. A giggle is the greatest sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment