Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reminiscing....

Tomorrow my baby starts the first grade. How the hell did THAT happen?? Where oh where did the last six and a half years go? One minute I was holding him and staring into his beautiful blue eyes and snuggling without a care in the world. The next minute he is walking and toddling around, and then I blinked and he started Kindergarten. I blinked one more time and he seems to be in a whole new world. The days of sitting in bed and cuddling, the days of running to the door to give me a huge hug and kiss are gone. Now we have entered the days of things like arguing about putting the laundry away to making me kiss him when the bus rounds the corner instead of as the bus stops and he gets on.
It has also opened up so many new doors. He can read.....actually read books. Not just memorize the Brown bear, Brown bear that I read over a hundred times but he can actually sound out the words and read all by himself. He can write so many stories and has an imagination that leads you into worlds that you forgot about while growing into an adult. I am amazed at the wonderful being that Aiden has become. We have our moments. We butt heads and we argue and we even get angry with each other to the point where we can't be in the same room. However, at the end of the night it all melts away when I sneak into his room and I watch him sleeping......just for a moment. Just long enough to remember those days when he would make me sit on the floor just to sit in my lap and put his head on my shoulder and smile while twirling my hair.




"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
Love you Forever
by Robert Munsch

No comments:

Post a Comment