Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's hit

well, it has hit us. The stomach bug has officially entered the Carpenter household! Aiden had a little bit of it but is okay now and just has a pretty nasty cold. He stayed home yesterday and today, which has been oh so much fun. I had a little bit of the bug, but I am feeling better, just tired. I tossed and turned last night.
Riley got a haircut and looks so cute! He lost his baby look though. *pout*
I want to put pictures up but until I get my new computer up and working I have no way of getting the pictures onto the computer!
I miss the little baby look he had. Along with all of the talking he has been doing. His new favorite phrase is "get out". Which is the common phrase we use when the dog is begging at the table. Now it has become Riley's favorite phrase for everything.
He has also learned a new animal sound. He already has Dog and Duck down. He kind of does a grunting bark for dog and "kack kack" for duck. We have a duck that he is in love with and tries to chase so that is why it is his favorite thing to say. His new phrase is "whoo whoo" for owl!
We have been working on Vaentine's cards for Aiden's classmates. He only wants to do one or two at a time so we have been taking it slow. He has to write out all the names himself and he wants to write Happy Valentine's Day, which is tough for someone just learning to read and write! He has been in a language lab for the past 6 weeks at school to help him through the language and learning the letters easier. He has improved drastically! He was determined to get it and that helped a lot.
Right now I am enjoying about 20 minutes of peace and quiet while everyone sleeps. They are actually all sleeping at the same time ( I probably just jinxed it though!)

1 comment: