Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mother

Well, my three year old daughter has started calling me Mother. I thought I had a good five years before this one came! I have a feeling this one is my fault though.

We were arguing one day and I pulled out the old line "I am your mother........". So regrettably I have been hearing mother after everything she says.

"I'm coming mother."

"Can you help me mother"

"I have to go potty mother"

"get over here mother"- This one gets the mean Mommy look I have mentioned in the past.

At first I ignored it figuring that if she was not getting the attention it woud stop and we could move back to the cute shrill "Mommy" after everything. Now...I have started calling her child after everything. So I guess if you can't beat 'em. Join 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment