Monday, March 30, 2009

Doctor's office or a second home?

You know it's pretty sad (but good and comforting in a way) when the doctor's office knows you by sight and the nurses remember all 3 kids names and what they like. We have been into that office twice in the last 24 hours and as much as I really like the office, I am kind of tired of seeing them! We went in today for Riley. He slept horrible last night, maybe a total of 3 and a half hours. He woke up with a fever of about 103 and it went up to about 104. He was and is still miserable. His eyes are red and watery and they have very large bags under them. As soon as we got home from the doctor's ofice....the vomiting started. He has done it twice now and sorry if it seems like too much information. And of course, the six and three year old are grossly disgusted but strangely fascinated by what can come out of a 19 month old. The *good* news is there is no ear infetion in the ears. It seems to just be a virus. I just hope it is a 24 hour thing and he is the only poor soul in this house to get this bug. He just sits there and stares at me with those eyes. They are basically begging me to do something to help him....which I only wish I could do. It has gotten to that point where I would be sick for him if I could. He took a very brief 30 minute nap before the doctor's office, only to wake up very hot, sweaty and screaming. We went back to just sitting and staring. I just really hope he feels better by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment