Tuesday, March 31, 2009

To work or not to work?

I am once again facing the dilema. I absolutely LOVE staying at home with my kiddos and the hope is to continue doing that. However, with all of the winter bills piling up and summer ahead I have to decide if I can go back to work. It always come back to the same question though. Childcare. No matter where I go to work or what I do we would have to pay for childcare for two children and that would total around $350/week! Then once summer comes we would need care for Aiden and that would tack on even more to the expense. So when it comes down to it: paying for childcare would wipe out my take home pay. Then the next question would be...would it help my sanity to be out of the house? As stated above: I LOVE staying at home. However, I do crave adult connections and some childless hours. I get it from all sides. Why would you want to leave them? Like I am abandoning them or something. I feel bad enough already thank you! I also get the don't you want to get out of the house, don't you want to help alleviate your husband's workload? Of course I do. If I had the choice I would only want him to do school and then be at home with the kids and I as much as possible. Of course I want to have adult interaction. I just wish that it was an easy decision to make. I used to work in childcare before/while I had kids. I don't think that is where I want to go back. I am kind of burnt out on it. I am around kids all the time now, so I don't think I want to make it my life anymore. I have thought of doing the HR Block tax course. The last (and only) time we had our taxes done by someone else they suggested I should do it because I did such a great job with all of our previous years taxes and caught things they missed. I don't want to say I am talentless....but I don't have much expertise in many areas. So my opportunities are kind of limited. I think I may try and stick it out until Wes finishes school and gets through finding another job before I make any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment