Monday, March 16, 2009

What an experience.

We went today to get Calleigh's stitches out. WOW! What an experience THAT was. As much as I hated that they knocked her out to put the stitches in...I now see why. We get to the Dr's office and I had explained to her on the way there that they were going to use small scissors to cut the strings and then tweezers to pull the pieces out. She was okay with it until Dr. Gerson came in with the scissors and the tweezers. She immediatly flipped out. Hands, legs and body went in all kinds of different directions. I felt so sorry for any patient that was anywhere in that building....they were probably wondering what kind of torture are they doing to her? I now wish I had brought someone with me to help with her! I had to physically pin her to the table while he held her head and tried to cut the stitches. There were several times when the scissors went into the cut and it started to bleed again. It took about 45 minutes to get it done. We decided that it was deserving of pink ice cream (really Italian Ice). That always makes it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment