Sunday, June 7, 2009

Night of surprises

I have to say, it was a very long and stressful weekend and I never thought it was going to end. However, to my surprise tonight my hubby called me right before he was leaving work and said to call his sister Mallory and ask her to watch the kids, he wanted to take me out to dinner! I was soooo excited because I miss him. I really, truly miss being around him. We have such little time where he is home and not sleeping! I called Mal up and she said she would watch them (to be honest I wasn't sure if she would agree, I know she has her own life and we used to ask her to take them a lot). So we dropped the kids off with Mal and her two roomates, Tiff and Niki (they are all close to 20) and as we were headed to Koto's, the best place to have a night out ever, I got a text message from Mal telling me I forgot to leave diapers! I couldn't believe it so I turned around and sure enough they were right in front of his car seat. I figured he would be fine because he never poops at night and I had just changed him before we left the house. I told her he should be okay since we were only going to be gone for 2 hours max. We got to Koto's and were having a great time with a couple that they seated next to us when I get another text message from mal "Riley pooped". I laughed so hard my Mai Thai almost came spewing out of my nose! We were fairly close to being done dinner so I told her we were leaving in five minutes and she could either leave him in it (horrible I know) or change him out of it and let him run around in his shorts because he usually does not pee if he does not have a diaper on. The next text said "okay, it smells." Then I get "He's good, we wrapped him in TP". This is what I got when I picked up my little man from his Aunt's house:Apparently he had peed in his shorts (and paper towels) right before we got there so they used a grocery bag with holes cut in it as a replacement just in case he peed again! I laughed so hard when I walked in the door and saw him walking around with this on. I wish I had taken a picture from behind because he had the cutest little plastic bag wedgie. I know it is really not funny.....but then again, it is! They were very innovative and very understanding considering I was the one that forgot the diapers in the car. Good job girls!

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!! That's the funniest picture I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete